Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Time with the Tilneys

I received a note from Isabella telling me to see her urgently and I was surprised to learn that she and James are currently engaged. My parents shall definitely approve of this marriage. It was a pleasurable feeling to have helped a friend, although she has changed during this vacation as well and becoming increasingly attached to my brother and less of a friend with me. I also met with John who told me that he was going to Fullerton and I told him to visit my parents house while he was there and then I bid him farewell. My time with the Tilneys has created a more welcoming atmosphere and I came to know the Tilneys more and more. Isabella had heard from my brother that they must wait three years for marriage in order for my brother to receive his dowry.. In the meantime, the  Tilneys had announced that they were leaving for their residence called Northanger Abbey and have asked me if I would come with them and I was delighted to hear this. There is still a chance for me to be engaged to Henry! My parents and the Allens agree that this will be a good opportunity. Mr. Tilney is getting closer to my heart and now I have become much more optimistic of my future with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment