Wednesday, February 20, 2013

My life has become increasingly like a Gothic novel

There seems to be an odd behavior between Isabella and Frederick, Henry Tilney's older brother. They have shown much affections towards one another, although they are both aware that Isabella is engages to my brother, which displeases me greatly. I asked Henry to ask his brother to stop this ridiculous relationship, but he has a very high opinion of his brother and doesn't seem to want to do anything. I let this problem go as I prepared for our journey to Northanger Abbey, which is said to be quite a beautiful place. Henry and I are becoming much closer, despite the fact that he found out that John wished to ask me to marry him. I looked forward to my new life with the Tilneys.I've been told that Northanger Abbey has many mysteries and that apeals to me as a fan of Gothic novels. We arrived and I immediately began to learn many things about the General and he treats me much better than he does his own family and welcomed me.After reading Udolpho, I became more afraid of the increasingly odd happenings of the mansion at night. There were some important papers that I had found, but they were unreadable.


Frederick Tilney

F

No comments:

Post a Comment